Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December..

A lot of change has been going on over at the Hartman house since I last blogged.  I am going to try and keep this short and sweet.. try is the key word in that sentence. 

Brooke...
Brookie is officially out of her crib and in a big girl bed.  Right now the big girl bed consists of a twin mattress on the ground because her bed is being custom made and will be ready around the beginning of January.  For about a month prior to making the switch Brooke had started waking up during the night.  We couldn't figure out what was waking her up, I would go into her room and tell her to get her blanket and go to sleep and she would.  Not a big deal but enough to disrupt our (my) sleep and annoy me.  We decided that she was just to tall for the crib and would wake herself up during night when she would move around.  I wanted to put her in the new bed on a Friday so we had all weekend to adjust to the change but that never happened between Christmas parties and what not.  
So on Sunday morning (12/4) we decided it was the day to take down her crib and there has been no looking back since.  Brooke did SOOOOO well with the change.  We had talked to her about it days before telling her about her new "big girl" bed and she was so excited.  She has been sleeping pretty well ever since but she is still a very WILD sleeper and will end up at the end of the bed but being that I still wake up to pee every night I just go move her up so she has yet to fall off.





Baby H...
Baby H is just about half baked right now and is doing GREAT .  I got the results of my AFP test about a week and a half ago and it game back normal/negative... I think that was the best post card I have ever received!!  On Thursday we had the anatomy scan to make sure all is well with the baby and to find out the sex if we wanted to.  I was convinced it was a girl and I think Todd was too because on our way to the doctors he said "I think I'm going to be stuck in a house with 3 girls.." well.. we were all WRONG. 

 Baby H is a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Brooke was able to go to the ultrasound with us so it was fun being in there the 3 of us and the ultrasound tech.  The tech checked the baby out to make sure all the necessary parts were visible (which they were praise God) and then asked if we wanted to know the sex.  As she was just about to tell us it is a boy I asked "is that his junk?!?!" and sure enough it was him "junk".. Todd and I were in SHOCK and to be honest I still am.  I am SOOOO excited to have a little boy.  We don't have any names picked out right now and not sure if we will be telling when we do. 

Survey Time...

How far along are you? 19 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain? Yes. When I went on Thursday I hadn't gained since my last appointment.. actually was down a couple ounces.
How big is the baby? Approx. 6.5 inches and 10.6 ounces the size of a small cantaloupe
Maternity clothes? I can still wear my normal clothes but also wear some maternity.  If I'm wearing normal jeans by the end of the day I definitely need to let a button out to loosen them up :)
Stretch marks?  No new ones and I hope to keep it that way.
Sleep? I sleep great except I'm still waking up to pee during the night.  I <3 nap time on the weekends!
Gender? it's a BOY!!!!
Movement? Yes!! I have been feeling him for a few weeks now.. at my ultra sound I found out I have a anterior placenta- there is no problem having that it just means I won't be feeling him as much as I could if I didn't have it.  I had it with Brooke as well so I don't really know any different.
Food cravings? i like me some "cuties"- i think they are tangerines but not sure.. :)
Labor signs? Nope.  And I would like to keep it that way
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: My daily/unlimited Diet Dr Pepper
What I'm looking forward to: Christmas and planning Little Man's room
Milestone:  Making it 1/2 way!!! yay!!!!

I hope you all have a BLESSED Christmas and enjoy the time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment