Wednesday, November 23, 2011

15 week and 6 days

YES, I am pregnant!!  The news is out and has been for a while.  I am just a MAJOR slacker and haven't found the extra time in my day to sit down and finally blog about it.  We found out REALLY early so keeping it quiet and to ourselves was a challenge.  We told our family and close friends shortly after we found out and made "THE ANNOUNCEMENT" when  I was just over 13 weeks.  My due date is May 11 and I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is already going by!!

To announce it to my in-laws we went over to Todd's parents house in them morning and Brooke was wearing the shirt.  Todd's mom noticed it was a long sleeve shirt and said it was a nice shirt but never said anything about it.  It took her about 5 minutes to realize what it said and then ended up telling my father in law to read it and finally just told him what it said.  My parents stopped by our house later on that afternoon on their way home from Havasu.  It took my Mom a couple minutes to notice and asked B if she got a new shirt and then read what it said.  She asked us if it was true and said she knew it wasn't a hand me down from my neighbor because she was a only child, my Dad overhead my Mom say something and was also VERY excited about it.  This is will be grandchild #2 for my in laws and #7 for my parents. 

We have talked to Brooke about the baby and she knows where the baby is right now.  But if you ask her where her baby is she will point to her belly and if you ask where Daddy's baby is she will point to his belly- we have a few things to teach her yet :)  At every appointment I record the heart beat since it is usually just me  going to the check up so when I get home she listens to it over and over again and knows that it is the "BAAAYBEE"

My plan is to keep up my blog now that I have a little more news to blog about and will keep track of this pregnancy by doing the little surveys that a few of my other friends have done.
Here is my "bump" picture (I was 15w2d in the pic)- I really don't have a "bump" yet, it is more of a stomach that looks like I've had one to many beers :)  That is definitely one of the plus sides of being 6ft tall- I haven't popped as quickly as others with #2.


How far along are you? 15 weeks 6 days
Total weight gain? Yes.  I've never been one to miss a meal :)  But I am watching what I eat more with #2 than I did with B
How big is the baby? Approx 4.6 inches- the size of a avocado.  Yumm.. guacamole!!
Maternity clothes? I can still wear my normal clothes.  I have bought a few shirts (which I haven't worn) and a pair of jeans.  I wear the jeans when I want to wear my boots since they are skinny jeans and they are SOOO comfy compared to regular jeans.  I'll definitely be wearing them tomorrow for Thanksgiving :)
Stretch marks?  No new ones and I hope to keep it that way.
Sleep? I sleep great except I'm still waking up to pee during the night.  I <3 nap time on the weekends!
Best movement this week? Hearing the heart beat last week at my check-up
Movement? I have yet to determine if it Baby H or gas bubbles lol
Food cravings? Oranges
Labor signs? No and I plan on keeping it that way for at least 24 more weeks.
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: My daily Diet Dr Pepper and every other day (sometimes daily) visits to Starbucks for my Carmel Frappachino Light
What I'm looking forward to: All of the holidays and parties the next few months along with finding out what Baby H is in Dec.
Milestone:  I feel like making it another week is a milestone and such a blessing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment