Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life Happens

I tried posting this last night from my phone and it didn't work but let's pretend it did. :)

I am such a slacker...It has been almost 2 weeks since my last post. I have been a blog stalker for a couple years now and I use to get so annoyed when a blogger didn't update their blog for over a week. Well, here I am writing only my 3rd post and it has taken me almost 2 weeks.

Being a full time mom and wife is a chore in itself but throw in working 32 hours a week (i have Fridays off to spend with B-my boss would love me to be back at 40 hours but I need time with my girl) and the curve balls that life throws at you 2 weeks feel like a blink of a eye.  

I have a have a ultrasound tomorrow (not a baby one). No, I have to have one of my liver. A few weeks ago during routine blood work they found that my bilirubin level was a little elevated. What is bilirubin you ask? Im not sure either.  I just remember bilirubin and jaundice going together when I was reading baby books. My Dr asked if I drank (a lot) when he read the results of the blood work. I had to laugh, No, I responded, while thinking in my head I would rather eat my calories than drink em Thank you very much :)  so he ordered a ultrasound to figure out what is going on with me. I have known about this for about a week. My mind has been all over the Place this past week. Thankfully, I have great family and friend who have been there for me trough all the crazy "what if's" I have had or the text messages I have sent.  
I also has my first trip to the ER this weekend (for me and not B thankfully). I wasnt feeling well and had terrible stomach pains. So after talking to my brother and friend who are fireman they advised I get checked out since we dont have answers about what is up with my liver. I was there for about 5 hours.  After a few tests and another blood work up they sent me home advising that I still get my US done on Thursday. The good news I found out during that visit is that my bilirubin level has gone down a little in less than a week.
So hopefully Monday I will have answers and will look back at the past week And laugh because I was so concerned about something so little . Tonight some lyrics from a county song came Into my head and I Don't remember who sings it or the song but it says "... If you want to hear God laugh tell Him your plans..". 
So that is where I am at tonight. I am at peace knowing God is and will take care of me no matter what it is and I need to trust in Him 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Valerie! Sorry to leave this here, but I can't find another way to contact you! You won my Bobby Pin Giveaway! Go to my blog to see what you need to do next! Thanks!! http://itsthesmallthingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/if-youve-read-any-of-my-posts-about.html

    ReplyDelete