Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Here.. there.. everywhere...

It seems we have been going non stop this summer and I like it :).  I am someone who always wants to be on the go where as Todd is someone who likes to be home.  I think that has to do with the fact that he drives at least 2 1/2 hours in traffic everyday for work. 

Todd and I escaped for a over night trip to Antelope Valley Fair with some of our best friends a few weeks ago.
 My BFF's brother was in a squeeze contest at the fair so about 20 of us drove about 2 hours to watch him.  They called it the "Rual Olympics", pretty much we were bringing out our inner redneck.  Jace (bff's brother) did a GREAT job.  This was his first time he competed and came in 2nd place, only 2 seconds behind the winner who has come in first place for the past 10 years.  It was a great time getting to hang out with everyone. Here is a picture of me and my  Best Friends Chelsey (the blonde in the middle) and Jenalee (the brunette) at the fair.


On Friday Brooke and I went to Disneyland with my friend Tommy who has a little boy Kayden who is 4. 
Kayden is SOOOO good with Brooke and I LOVE listening to how his voice changes when he asked Brooke if she wants to do something.  It's crazy how even at that age their voices change when they talk to a baby or toddler.  We got to Disneyland with the kids around 2pm and went on a few rides in Disneyland, Jayson (Tommy's husband) and Todd met up with us around 6pm once they got off work.  We went into California Adventures with them.  Todd and Jayson were going to go on the rollercoster but it ended up being closed because the "World of Color" light show was going to start.  Todd lucked out b/c he HATES rollercoaster but wasn't about to back down from a challenge.  So Todd and Jayson took the kids on the Buzz ride while I stayed back with Tommy since she is 5 months pregnant.   We were pretty much able towalk right onto the Little Mermaid ride. 
 Brookie LOVED it.  It was fun being able to sit the 3 of us in our own little "shell".  Once the ride was done she kept asking for "MORE" as she has did will all the other rides we went on. 

This weekend Brookie and I will be down in Long Beach because we are throwing a baby shower for my sister in law, she is having a baby girl in November.   I love going down to Long Beach because not only do I get to see my family but also my friends.  Jenalee is going to take a few pictures of Brooke for me cause the last time her picture was taken by something other than a iPhone or point n shoot camera was in April, when Jen did it.  :) I'm a bad Mom I know.  Todd is going to stay home this weekend to work in Brooke's play room and finish up the crown and baseboards.  So I'm sure I will have some new pictures to post next week :)  HOPE you all had a great Labor Day weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment